Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My first REAL day of school

Well, on Tues and Thurs I have to be there at 7:10. The bus comes at 7:30, so clearly I can't ride the bus. That's fine for now (it isn't really, but I pretend so) but when winter comes, I refuse to ride 5 km a day in the cold and perhaps snowy weather! This morning it was really hard for me to do it, and I got tired really really quickly, and it was a dreadful ride. I think it's because I was running off pretty much zero energy. The ride home wasn't nearly as bad, but I think that could be due to the fact that a lot of it was downhill.

So, first class, math. The teacher handed out textbooks, and then said they were one short, and promptly took mine back. At first I was confused, and then I was a little offended because I had assumed that she thought that since I'm not a real student, I should have last priority or something. But I think the real reason was because since I signed on for that class later than everyone else, my book hadn't come in on time. That makes a bit more since. Anyway it doesnt matter because at the end of class she gave me one anyway, but told me I had to give it back at the end of the year (oh my god, what a sacrifice that will be). Anyway, the math itself was easy, but I couldn't understand the directions in German... there would be like a bunch of F(x) equals something, and I didn't know what to DO with it. But once I figured it out, it wasn't so bad. They're already deriving, how fun.

Then double spanish. At first it was a relief, because when the teacher spoke (in spanish) I could understand about twice as much spoken spanish than spoken german. But when he started teaching grammar, it was in german, and I got lost, and it was like 5th year spanish anyway, so I'm behind : ( And although I can understand spanish, I can't reproduce it anymore. What comes out of me is an awwwful spanrussgerman mix. It's muy dificil.

Then double geography. I didn't understand a SINGLE FRIKKEN WORD. And he talked so slowly too! It was the dullest thing ever. Imagine the dullest subject ever, taught by the dullest man ever, in a language you don't even understand. I'm just going to tell him not to give me grades and doze off. I keep getting confused even when people speak in english to me, because they're like "do you get marks?" and I'm like HUH?? until I figured out marks is the british term for grades, and I was like "idk, what diff does it make anyway lol?"

And then German. They frikken put me in the most advanced german class (that most GERMANS have trouble with) without telling me. Anyway I didn't understand anything, and I talked to the teacher after class, who luckily is also an english teacher and spoke english just as well as I do. Except with a british accent. Very educated germans speak english with a british accent, and I think its kind of funny.

Anyway, I'm the awkward kid in the back of the class. Today I feel so... exhausted, and frail and week. Like I could pass out whenever. I dont know why. I eat food, and drink water, I dont understand what else I'm supposed to do to nourish myself. Maybe its from awaking so early.

K that is all for now.

3 comments:

elb said...

aww...Melly...I was starting to think that my classes were getting to be a bit stressful but that was silly. I feel pretty confident in saying that you probably are doing far better than I would in your situation. I wish you luck! I'm sure you'll do fine!
Can't wait until you're back in the U.S.!

Brutus said...

The biking is good exercise.
Eat more fruit with less Nutella.
Get to sleep earlier.

Just thinking about the day you descibed makes me feel dizzy.

~ Paps

Julie said...

Ohhh my baby girl! What a day you had! But you are a survivor.
A big hug to you.
your mum
:)