Thursday, September 4, 2008

MORE SCHOOL STUFF

Well, school is a bit better now. I think I've had all of my classes at least once. I got my schedule changed so I have Physics instead of Biology for Leitsungskurs and English instead of German. I no longer have biology at all, (which is good considering I don't understand it in german, and don't care enough to try, although I would like to take the class if it were in english), and still german, but only half as often. That was the only change, besides general switching around of times. I still have to be up early tues and thurs though : ( no way around it.

So today I had spanish again. I found out that it's actuall 6th year spanish, I think I misunderstood. Anyway, it's confusing because everything's in spanish, except when he's explaining something more difficult or translating something, it's in German, and then if he asks ME a question, I either answer in german or english, neither of which really makes much sense to do. He speaks perfect english though, and is very understanding of my blunderous ways.

And then... finally... I had english class!!! It was great, because for once I was the one being asked for help instead of the other way around. The teacher teaches in english, and we read texts in english... today we analyzed a painting by normal rockwell. I hated the painting, and I thought it was devoid of meaning, but apparently there's much, much meaning behind it. It was of a family at thanksgiving, but they were all leaning creepily into the table and smiling creepily. Ugh. But at least I can speak perfect english without thinking about it.

Then I had art, where nothing eventfull happened, I took a bunch of notes but I don't know what they were about. I think they were about plastic sculptures but I'm not sure. And in history... we drew visual representatives of "Der Staat" which was lame.

And that's mostly it. I'm now the awkward person who sits in the middle or edge of class. I have a few friendly faces I asscociate with. I still hate the bike ride in the mornings, because I have no energy at 6 something am. I don't have any homework, that I know of... it's possible they could've assigned something and I didn't understand the words et cetera. Oh well. I don't so much care.

Well, that is all for today.

TSCHÜSSSS

4 comments:

Brutus said...

Tell us about lunch period.

Mixxelle said...

Today was an early day, I had to be at school at 7:10, but I got out at 1:00, so I didn't eat lunch at school, and that is how it is most days.

Julie said...

Ohhh, I bet you are starving by the time you get home. What with the bike ride and all! Do you get a study period or any kind of break?

Mixxelle said...

It's different every day. I have scattered free hours, and breaks between classes are sometimes 20 minutes long, and I always bring food to snack on.